2020 has been a perfect storm for Bicester Rugby Club. Like many other grassroots sports clubs, we have been affected by COVID19. We have also lost our home of more than half a century after the grounds were sold to a shopping outlet and we were refused a licence to remain on the site. Our costs for use of grass for training have risen in part due to this, but also government guidance and regulations.
Combined, these factors have resulted in:
- Fewer players returning due to COVID19, and a reduction in membership income
- Increased costs for use of grass
- The need to purchase a storage container for all of our belongings from our old clubhouse
- Less money for equipment
- The inability to raise revenue from kitchen food sales due to the clubhouse (on a separate site) currently being closed
This fundraising campaign will provide much needed money that will be used for:
- Purchase of a used shipping container to store our belongings
- Purchase of new balls, cones, tackle pads etc. for our players and coaches
- To cover the increased grass usage costs due to temporary government restrictions on social distancing and maximum players per pitch
- Our Access to Rugby Fund – for families and individuals who would otherwise not play rugby as they cannot afford the membership fee
You will be helping us get through this difficult period and keep rugby going and growing in Bicester.
As a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC), we are treated as a charity by HMRC and all donations can be gift aided (giving us a 25% top up).
To support us, click the button...