Rugby is returning on 5-6 September.
We are currently at Stage C of the RFU's Return to Community Rugby Roadmap and our Seniors and some Junior sections have already returned to midweek training. Taking this into account – alongside Sport England and Government guidance – a COVID19 Working Group (again – all volunteers) has been beavering away to ensure the start of our season at BRUFC is as safe and welcoming as possible. We have:
- Completed a COVID19 club risk assessment
- Launched a COVID19 symptom checker + track and trace form (as required by the RFU/government)
- Devised guidance for all members and a full COVID19 Return to Rugby plan
- Ensured coaches will be fully briefed, have sanitiser, cleaning equipment and PPE necessary to fulfil their roles
We appreciate there’s a level of frustration that comes from the situation we are in, however, we have a real opportunity now to engage with the RFU’s new Ready4Rugby initiative and get players – young, old, and older – back having fun. We urge all members to comply with the guidance and procedures we have had to put in place. The last thing we want is to be instructed to close down rugby at Bicester due to non-compliance with RFU and government guidance.
With the start of a new season, this would usually mean a rise in membership fees, due the continuous increase in the running costs of the club. 2020 has been an unusual year with COVID19 cutting our 2019/20 season short by a few weeks and sending the world into a spiral of uncertainty. We finished the season making a slight loss overall. The club is incurring significant additional costs in order to stay COVID19 compliant (with the necessary cleaning equipment, sanitiser, PPE, increase in pitch use due to social distancing requirements etc.). Membership fees have however remained frozen for the 2020/21 season. This makes it all the more important for you to pay your membership fees as soon as possible.
The Registration and Membership section on the club website gives you a breakdown of each of the different membership options, together with a list of benefits you receive as part of this membership. We have now added the option to purchase through a monthly instalment plan, and continue to provide funding assistance to those who need it through our Access to Rugby hardship scheme.
Get Rugby Ready by:
- Familiarising yourself with the Club COVID guidance(including when you should arrive for your section's sessions – timings have been revised due to COVID19 requirements)
- Familiarising yourself with other club policies
- Updating and reconfirming your and/or your child's RFU registration details on GMS (including the Consents and Waivers)
- Purchasing a Bicester RUFC membership
- Updating your details on Spond (if required)