As a community rugby club, Bicester RUFC is entirely run by volunteers. We value and actively cultivate an engaged & well-trained army of volunteers – called Gamemakers due to their crucial role in making the rugby happen.
Our volunteers embody the Bicester values, and help the club to provide a quality player experience for us to achieve our Mission and Vision.
You do not need any previous playing experience or a developed understanding of rugby to volunteer. The club actively supports development and pays for courses and CPDs.
Volunteering brings many benefits including developing new skills or deploying your existing skills where they will be valued immensely, staying in the game if you previously played, being part of a team, and helping the club reach our ambition. You'll help keep the rugby community alive, can dedicate as little or as much time as you want, and will have the freedom to bring fresh ideas and thinking to the club.
We are currently actively looking for volunteers to take on a number of roles, listed below.
If you are willing to help out and want to express an interest in a role, please email our Volunteer Coordinator Katie Gambrill at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach Manager (Priority Role & Board Director) – role description
- Fixtures Secretary (all sections) (Priority Role) – role description
- Team Admin Coordinator – role description
- Sponsorships Officer – role description
- Fundraising and Grants Officer – role description (also here)
- Internal Communication Officer – role description
- External Comms and Marketing Officer – role description
- Website Editor – role description
- Social and Events Manager – role description
- Premiership Club Contact – role description
- Data Protection Manager – role description
- Equipment Coordinator – role description (excluding kit, which is managed separately)
- Tour Coordinator – role description
- First Aid Coordinator – role description
Seniors (Foxes & Vixens)
- O2 Touch Rugby Development Manager (Priority Role) – role description
- Men's 2nd Team Coach – role description
- Men's 2nd Team Admin – role description
Age Grade Juniors & Colts U13-U18 (Kits & Tods)
- Colts Transition Manager (Priority Role) – role description
- Safeguarding Assistant (Kits & Tods) – role description (supports Safeguarding Manager)
Age Grade Micros & Minis U5-U12 (Pups and Cubs)
- Catering Coordinator (Pups & Cubs – Chesterton) (Priority Role) – role description
- Schools Liaison (Primaries) – role description
- Safeguarding Assistant (Pups & Cubs) – role description (supports Safeguarding Manager)
Aside from referees and coaches, other roles include, for example:
- Age grade team administrators; and
- First aiders.
For more information about volunteering in rugby visit Keep Your Boots On! (KYBO).