As a community amateur sports club, Bicester RUFC is entirely run by volunteers. Without the time, energy and commitment of volunteers, our club simply would not be here.
Whether they give up a few hours a month to lend a hand, turn up every week to help deliver the sport, or commit more time to help run the club, volunteers are the heart and soul of Bicester RUFC.
Our volunteers embody the Bicester values, and help the club to provide a quality player experience for us to achieve our long-term Mission and Vision.
You do not need any previous playing experience or a developed understanding of rugby to volunteer. The club actively supports development and pays for courses and CPD training.
Volunteering brings many benefits including developing new skills or deploying your existing skills where they will be valued immensely, staying in the game if you previously played, being part of a team, and helping the club reach our ambition.
You'll help keep the rugby community alive, reduce the burden on current volunteers, and can dedicate as little or as much time as you want. Everyone is encouraged to bring fresh ideas and thinking to the club.
We are currently actively looking for volunteers to take on a number of roles, listed below.
If you are willing to help out and want to express an interest in a role, please email our Club Secretary, Craig Morley: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator (Priority Role) – outline/description
- Fixtures Secretary (Seniors) (Priority Role) – outline/description
- Sponsorships Officer – outline/description
- Fundraising and Grants Officer – outline/description (also here)
- Social and Events Manager – outline/description
- Premiership Club Contact – outline/description (no.2)
- Data Protection Manager – outline/description
- First Aid Coordinator – outline/description (no.3)
Seniors (Foxes & Vixens)
- O2 Touch Rugby Coach (Priority Role) – outline/description (no.4)
- O2 Touch Rugby Team Admin (Priority Role) – outline/description (no.4)
- Men's 2nd Team Coach – outline/description
- Men's 2nd Team Admin – outline/description
Age Grade Juniors & Colts U13-U18 (Kits & Tods)
- Colts Transition Manager (Priority Role) – outline/description (no.5)
Age Grade Micros & Minis U5-U12 (Pups and Cubs)
- Schools Liaison (Primaries) – outline/description
- Safeguarding Assistant (Pups & Cubs) – outline/description (supports Safeguarding Manager)
Aside from referees and coaches, other roles include, for example:
- Age grade team administrators; and
- First aiders.
For more information about volunteering in rugby visit Keep Your Boots On! (KYBO).